~There's no limit


Follow us as we learn to understand one another, heal together and progress into something unstoppable; Girl and dog. There is no limit to what we can accomplish!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ohh YAA

Wow. Been a little bit since I updated, eh?

Well I celebrated my 21st birthday on August 2nd. Who thought I'd ever make it this far? Well...I made it this far...no point in giving up now.

So...updates..updates.
Alright, well last time I updated, I was going on about how I still felt sick and didn't feel like I was getting any better. Well, my old nurse came back (she had been out for awhile) and is hittin' the ball. She gave me a call asking how I was. My god was I ever glad to hear the voice. I told her how I felt. She had me go in for a bunch of tests that day. Then I went back in the next day to speak with a different doctor since mine was out of town.
At first glance, they thought it was still pneumonia..hanging around my collapsed lobe. So they put me on another antibiotic.
They also upped my therapy routine to three times a day, want me to drink 2L of water a day and wanted me to start walking twice a day (preferably not in the daytime where it's been like..40C outside..icckkk)
So I did start to feel a little better after doing the routines. Then I get a call not long after. See, this last visit was different because for the first time..like ever, I was able to give a sputum sample. Apparently this is what I needed, because they found out what was actually going on with me.
It seems had been growing Staphylococcus Aureus and Pseudomonas.
They put me on the antibiotics for an extra week. I've kept up the routine and am doing great. I've had a few 'down' days but that's to be expected.

I'm now looking for a job finally, and am going into Drivers Training very very soon =D This is big for us. I'll be able to take Teeka out to places like the park and what not when it's nice out.

Teeka's had a huge impact on everything. She went back to stay with my mother for a bit..and during that time I didn't do so well. She came back to visit me one day and I well...we couldn't be separated.

She's my permanent buddy haha. She accompanies me on my walks, we both need it.

We are both doing great, and I shall update later one ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment